Monday, October 13, 2008

10/12 = 5/6, 83.3% Complete

So, I never got around to blogging this weekend - I was pretty wiped out on Friday and Saturday. But, Round 10 is in the books with no significant hair loss. I keep expecting to take a shower and have hair coming out in bunches with the shampoo. But, so far, nothing. With my luck, it will all come out right after the 12th treatment. But, if it happens, it happens, right?

The new medication for these last three rounds definitely had a different effect on me. I was much more sluggish, tired and dealing with stomach issues on Friday, but I started to feel better by Saturday evening, which was nice. Once again, the Lord is blessing us and when I got up on Sunday, I felt fine, despite the continued numbness in my hands and feet. That should now start to go away since it was caused by the medication that I am now allergic to. The doctor said that for most people, it just slowly goes away. For some, it hangs on, but those are usually survivors that have dealt with multiple cancers and chemos. I haven't had any pain, just numbness, so we should be good.

Anyway, I was once again able to go to church and teach my class, which has been a truly amazing blessing. Each Sunday, I just feel better. It's really nice.

I spent much of the weekend walking slowly behind Ryne, who got his crutches on Saturday. He goes back to school tomorrow. He had his follow up appointment today and everything looks really good. Six weeks in the cast, then another four to six weeks in a boot or brace. He's getting more mobile on the crutches and they have been a big hit in the neighborhood. He's a good kid and really trying hard.

All we can say is, what a year!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Shouldn't you be working?

Matt said...

shhhhh!