What would you say to your younger self if you could go back in time? Here are some of mine...
* You'll never use Calculus again.
* Your baseball cards will not appreciate in value. In fact, they will most likely depreciate due to a massive public marketplace called E-Bay. Take economics and learn about supply and demand.
* No one on the team is going to make the pros (or even play at a major college, for that matter), so don't worry so much about it.
* Big round glasses, pegged jeans and sweater vests will, in fact, go out of style. The CRX will not.
* Just because you danced to "Wonderful Tonight" doesn't mean it will last forever.
* It is possible to stop growing in 8th grade. 5'10" power forwards don't get drafted, nor do quarterbacks who can't run and catchers who can't see.
* Paul Pierce, Jacque Vaughn, Raef LaFrentz, Nick Collison, Drew Gooden, Kirk Hinrich and, most especially, Roy Williams will all break your heart. But, keep your eye on that Bill Self fella.
* Driving 100 mph in a '76 Toyota Corolla is a bad idea, especially on a back country road. Also, jumping on a trampoline in the middle of the day with nobody at home is still trespassing, even if your friends with their daughter. Especially when it's the D.A.'s trampoline.
* Calling every 20 minutes and going 10 miles out of your way to drive by her house is not going to make her like you.
* You'll miss going to the Priesthood Session with Dad, Mom asking what you did last night and the Monday Night Phantom more than you'll miss going to movies, hanging out in the high school parking lot and Monday Night Football.
A Hatch Christmas Concert
8 months ago