Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Great News!

So, we found out today that I DON'T have Hepatitis C. I've had two blood transfusions in the past six months and when I went in for my last chemo treatment, the levels in my liver were a little high. The took a new blood sampel last Wednesday, but Quest lost it. So, they took more blood on Friday. The results came back today and the nurses called with the good news.

We were a bit worried there for a while. We didn't want to get everyone excited yet until we knew for sure what was going on. The blood transfusions are nerve racking. They basically make you sign your life away saying you won't sue if you get sick or die because they can't confirm that the blood is 100% clean. They are 99.9% sure everything is good, but that last .1% is cause for concern.

So, the news was good this time. Yeah!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Matt, that's great news.

mom/diane said...

Wonderful news...you don't need anything else.

Leah said...

That news really made this day so much better.

Beth said...

I am glad for the good news! When is your last treatment? The beginning of November?

Joel said...

Good!

Amelia said...

Hooray! But are you a little sad that you won't be able to say that you cheated death 4 TIMES instead of just 3 times? I thought you went all the way, Matt. I thought you were committed.

j/k - I'm glad that you got some good news. We'll keep praying for you!

Zimm said...

Way to go! Even if you did have it, I bet you have the will power to banish that pathogen from your blood.