Friday, August 29, 2008

7/12, 58.3% Complete

Man, am I tired! This last round really took it out of me. I am just exhausted. I've had to work (from home) yesterday and today, but I am just beat! That's okay, though. We're on the downhill side.

I had lots of aches and pains this time while wearing the pump. That part seems to be picking up. The numbness is now pretty constant in my fingers, feet and tongue. That's a pretty strange feeling. It never really went away from round six, so I'm expecting to be living with it for the next few months. The doctor said not to worry about the numbness unless it starts hurting, too. That's when I'd need to be looking for some medicine.

Still dealing with the blood issue - we just can't get it to settle on a level. The doctor talked about going back on Lovonox, but I really want to avoid that. My stomach can't take it anymore, though I have plenty left under the sink.

But, despite the exhaution, I'm feeling okay. I expect to be pretty out of it today and tomorrow, then coming back on Sunday - at least that has been the pattern thus far. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. Only five treatments to go!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Only five to go, that's exciting. You're doing great!

Sarah said...

Hang in there Matt. It's been a hell of year, but it's 2/3 over. Can't wait to see you guys in a week!

Joel said...

Way to go Matt! We're still thinking about you, and if your tongue feels better you're always welcome to call. We love you!

Marissa said...

I hope the numbness subsides soon. Hang in there my friend.