Thursday, July 03, 2008

3/12 = 1/4, 25% Complete

I've made it to the quarter mark! Yeah! I got started a day early this week, since the cancer center isn't open on the 4th of July. Hey, I don't mind because that means I finished a day early, as well. Treatment number three has left me pretty darn tired. I'm getting the tingling in my hands, feet and lower legs, too. That's a strange feeling - like you're extremeties are slightly asleep. The worst is still the cold sensitivity - it's spread to my fingers, now, too. I have to use a glove to get things out of the fridge. The side effects last for a few days after the treatment, so hopefully things will get better soon.

Other than that, I'm doing okay. I really wanted to be in Kansas this week with my family, but that will have to wait. Just nine more treatments to go - that's single digits!

3 comments:

Leah said...

You forgot to mention that your glove wearing is reminiscent (sp?) of a certain king of pop.

mom/diane said...

Hooray for single digits.

Beth said...

One of my friends in the old MTC mailroom once fell asleep while praying (in kneeling position) and her foot/leg also fell asleep. She was in the position for so long that she had to use crutches for a few days.

At least you have a good excuse. We made fun of her for quite a while. Love ya!