Friday, July 18, 2008

4/12 = 1/3, 33.3% Complete

I' ve made it to the one third mark! Hoorah! The best part of getting the pump taken off today was that I got to come home to my family. Leah and the kids had been in Utah for nearly two weeks and they got home just before I went in to get the pump removed. I was so excited to see them and I'm so happy to have them back. It was pretty dull around here while they were gone.

As for the chemo, it went pretty well again. I'm still having trouble getting my blood where it needs to be. The chemo and the coumadin combined are making my blood too thin. Trying to get those levels right has been a real challenge. I'm continuing to stay off the coumadin for a few days and then they'll recheck my blood on Monday. That's pretty annoying.

I got Zofran for the nauseau this time, which I'm going to start taking tonight so I can try and head things off before they get started. The cold sensitivity in my fingers and mouth are still annoying, but they should start getting better now that I'm off the pump. That means I've got a week of feeling good in front of me. Yeah! The focus for this round? Stay positive. Things aren't so bad - nothing that turning in a bit early in the evening can't fix.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Matt! Congratulations on making it through the latest round. I'm also really glad Leah and the kids are back home so that you're not by yourself.

Zimm said...

If you're maintaining even a fraction of the level of optimism you have in your posts, I'd say you're doing great! Keep up the great attitude. It must have been a rough couple weeks with family gone.

Joel said...

Keep it up, Matt! Remember you can call anytime and talk. Tell everyone hello from us, and know that we're thinking about you!

Marissa said...

I've noticed that once July hits, the rest of the year seems to fly by. I.E. the rest of your chemo sessions will be done before you know it! Hang in there. I'm so impressed at your optimistic attitude.

Beth said...

Enjoy your "week off" this week!