Saturday, September 27, 2008

9/12 - 3/4, 75% Complete - We Think!

So, I didn't have time to post yesterday after I got the pump removed. I actually had to go to work. We are hosting a big golf tournament on Monday and I am right in the thick of it. We have executives coming in from KC and customers from all over the valley. I'm the coordinator. I'm not a marketing executive, but I'm handling it this year. Kind of.

Anyway, I had another allergic reaction on Wednesday, so I they didn't give me one of the drugs this time around. We are facing a couple of options and we'll meet with Dr. Parikh the next time I go in to determine what we should do. Option 1 is to finish the last three treatments with some different drugs up front. They won't be as aggressive as what I've been taking, but should be fine, as long as my body can tolerate them.

The other option is to say we're done. I say "we", but that would really be based on the doc's advice. If he says he thinks I've had enough, I'd choose that option in a heartbeat! Anyway, keep us in your prayers as we figure out what needs to come next.

The best part? The drug that my body no longer tolerates (I think it's called Aloxatin) is also the drug that causes my cold sensitivity, so I've been enjoying popsicles for the past few days. Gotta love that!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Matt! You're so awesome! Great job getting all the way through this one, and I hope it's the last. Either way, we're still praying for you and we love you!

Leah said...

Oh I would love for it to be done, but whatever is best.

Joel said...

Way to go! Hope the golf tourney goes well on Monday. And hope there's a goody bag left for you!

mom/diane said...

Way to hang in there. You have been amazing!