Friday, August 01, 2008

5/12, 41.7% Complete

Just one more treatment to the half-way mark! Yeah! Here's what I've really felt during this fifth treatment - zzzzzzzzzzzz! I could sleep at the drop of a hat. I am absolutely exhausted. I had a touch of the flu last week and I'm wondering if that's why I'm so worn out this time around - my red blood cell count never got all the way back to where it needed to be. But, I've been able to rest this afternoon and I don't have any big plans for Saturday - no, I won't be building bunk beds again this weekend.

I saw the doctor before the treatment started on Wednesday, this week. I don't see him every week - sometimes I see the physician's assistant. But, we wanted to check in with the main doc this time and he feels like things are going very well. I've been able to keep my weight up and the biggest side-effects have been nausea, exhaustion and cold sensitivity - all normal things. My blood work (besides the issues with the clotting) has been good. Getting the clotting issues fixed has been a bit of a nightmare. I'm on medicine for it, but the chemo makes the medicine go a bit crazy, so they take me off the medicine during the chemo, then back on when the chemo is done. Hopefully we can find a happy medium and I won't have to worry about going in so often to get my blood checked. But, everything else is going as smoothly as can be expected.

I'm still at that point where I'm totally exhausted this week. Usually by Sunday morning, I'm back in good shape. Saturday is the day I look forward to least. I'm usually pretty sick on Saturdays. But, all in all, my body seems to be handling the chemo well. Just seven more to go!

3 comments:

Joel said...

Congratulations! Your progress is awesome. We've been praying for you and thinking about you.

Leah said...

Yeah!! Almost halfway done.

mom/diane said...

Way to hang in there. Now you are doing more than I ever had to! Keep those percentages going up. You are constantly in my prayers.