Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Back to Work

Well, I've been back at work for two days now. Let's just say, at the end of the day, I'm bushed! I can't believe how hard it is to do something I've done a thousand times before. It's really strange. But, I'm happy to be back and working. I really enjoy my job and I'm glad to be contributing.

Here's where we stand right now - nothing really has changed. I've met with my in-home nurses three times. Everything seems to be going well. Dr. Abey removed the staples last week and the incision, though sore at my belt line, is healing well. The muscles underneath feel pretty tired and my back has been pretty sore from having to sleep on it for so long, I think. Leah and I really need a new mattress, so that may be on the docket for this weekend.

Other than that, I seem to be doing okay. I've heard from so many friends and loved ones. That has been really nice. The thoughts and prayers of everyone are definitely felt and heard. I can't thank you each enough for that.

Going forward, I'm meeting with the oncologist in about two weeks and should know the chemo schedule at that time. I'm a bit apprehensive, but also ready to get it going so I can get it finished. Does that make sense?

The big news this week is that we sold the house in Edgerton - well, it closes later this month, but we are really excited. I can't believe it finally sold. We had no offers for so long, then got two on the same day. It's really a blessing to get it sold. We really miss our friends from the Ottawa Ward. That's for sure. It's funny. The ward here has been great. They have been so supportive. As we make friends, it will be even better. But we certainly miss the familiarity of the Ottawa Ward. That makes such a difference in a ward. It really can feel like family. We are excited to get to that point here, as well.

So, that's about it. Not much more to say this time. Next post better be sports related or my image is going to be ruined.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I sense a Friday Night Lights post in the future!

Glad to hear you're back to work. I've been getting frequent updates from mom, even though you and I have only talked a few times. You have definitely been in our prayers.

Zimm said...

Congrats on selling the house! Now I just need you to send some of that house-selling karma my way...