Monday, March 03, 2008

Vegas is Calling

We have returned - and we have a house. Leah and I spent the last four days of last week on a house hunt in beautiful Las Vegas. For some reason - probably because we'd been told how bad the market was - I assumed we'd walk in, find some beautiful dream house that the bank had taken over, make an offer and that would be that. Well, not quite. You see, apparently, when some homeowners learn that they are going to lose their home, they take it out on the house! Not good. We looked at some really scary foreclosures! I mean, two inch cockroach in the shower kind of scary. But, we looked at some really nice homes, as well. We finally decided on a new construction two story home in Southwestern Las Vegas. We love it. I don't have the pictures on my computer, but Leah just posted them to her blog, so check them out here: http://midwestkarpowitz.blogspot.com/.

So, assuming the loan process goes as expected over the next few weeks, we'll soon be homeowners in Las Vegas! We are really excited. We've only had a couple of panic attacks about making such a sizable purchase. But, that happens! With the warm there and the cold here and the plane rides, I once again have a sinus infection. That's awesome.

The Jayhawks looked like the team they were supposed to be on Saturday night in handling Beasley and the Wildcats. Sherron Collins in nearly 100% and Brandon Rush played with a rarely seen fire. Maybe February was just a blip and they will be ready for March! I sure hope so. Two more league games and then the tourneys start. I love this time of year. Go 'Hawks!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Guess who's going to the KU v. A&M game? That's right! Tim and I got tickets on eBay. You won't see us on tv, however, we'll be far up there, but we're excited.

Matt said...

I'm green with jealousy! Have fun and don't take any crap from those crazy Aggies!!

Anonymous said...

Matt,
I just googled your name because I thought of you after last night's Kansas win. I see you're moving or have moved to Vegas. I'm here in Vegas as well. Please e-mail so we can reconnect. I can't believe it's been this long since we worked in the MTC mailroom together.

Chat soon,
Brad McDonald (brad.mcdonald@mercer.com)